Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Countdown-Day 9

My Favorite Nativity!!!

Many years ago around March I think I was playing around on Ebay. I found this adorable little Fisher Price Nativity Set. I fell in love with it. I had a kid and maybe two by this point, I can't remember for sure. All I knew is I had never seen this before, and I wanted it. I knew it was the perfect Christmas decoration for my growing family!

I begged Eric to let me buy it, which didn't take much doing because he could see I was really serious about wanting it. I considered it an Easter present which we really don't do, but it was a good excuse for that year. Ha Ha

I think I paid like $45 plus shipping for this rare, must have item. When I got it, I opened it and looked at it, played with it a little, still as happy as can be. Then I put it away for Christmas. After waiting all those long months until after Thanksgiving I pulled out all my Christmas stuff and started decorating. I was very excited to put up this new treasure!

My kids loved it as I knew they would. It was a big hit!

It wasn't until a few days later as we started to do some Christmas shopping that I saw my "rare" find in the store. I talked to a few people and found out that Fisher Price brings it out every year at Christmas, and it was on sale for like $22.99. I began laughing at myself for not knowing this. Ignorance is bliss right?

I still love it though, and even though I paid a fortune for mine, we have gotten our money's worth. Besides it makes for a great story don't you think?

2 comments:

AMS said...

I've been looking for one for a few years, too! Where can you find them in the stores!?? I would pay $100 just to have this added to my nativity collection!

Eric and Andrea said...

Wow, I just looked online at several stores and they no longer have it! I thought this was a yearly thing, but they must have retired it.
Either way, I am so glad I have it. I think you could probably go the Ebay route too if you really wanted one.
Hopefully you wouldn't have to pay quite a $100 though. :-)
Good luck!