Friday, December 05, 2008

Christmas Countdown-Day 5

Last night I got to go play Bunko with some friends in my ward, and here in town. I even won this really cute Santa Claus! It was pretty fun, and it is always nice to get to know new people!


And in honor of day 5 I decided to do this fun Christmas Tag!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I love bags most of the time, but for some reason I love wrapping paper at Christmas! What is Christmas without wrapping paper?

2. Real tree or Artificial?
I love a real tree, but artificial just became so much easier, not to mention cheaper. However, next year we may start chopping our own!!!

3. When do you put up the tree?
I like to put it up December 1st, but that doesn't always happen. Usually it's just whenever we get around to it.

4. When do you take the tree down?
Sometimes the day after Christmas, sometimes we wait until New Years. It isn’t as fun when all the presents are gone. I do love the Christmas Lights on the tree in the evenings though.

5. Do you like eggnog?
Love it! Especially mixed with 7-up!

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
I had lots of favorites, but I loved the year I got my “10 speed” bike! Oh, and a really loved a toy kitchen cupboard when I was a lot younger!!

7. Hardest person to buy for?
My dad and Eric's parents. . . If they want something, they go buy it!

8. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes. With my kids as soon as Fisher Price came out with one, it was mine! It is a favorite to pull out every year. Someday I’ll have a nicer, fancier one. I absolutely love Precious Moments figurines. That set would be my favorite!

9. Mail or email Christmas cards?
I really try to mail them. I actually better get on that.

10. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Polar Express

11. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I am thinking about it all year, so I pick things up all the time. We kick it into gear though with Eric’s Christmas Bonus.

12. Where is your favorite place to go Christmas shopping?
Well, there is a few! I love Target, Costco, Ebay, and this year my own Usborne Books store!!

13. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Crackers and Cheese Ball. Spritz cookies are another favorite!

14. Lights on the tree?
Yes, the past few years they have been clear, but this year we have both colored and clear.

15. Favorite Christmas song?
O Holy Night by Celine Dion

16. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
We have done both. Now that I have my own little family, I like to stay home for Christmas though. It makes Christmas morning perfect!

17. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?
Yes

18. Angel on the tree top or a star?
I guess an angel, Angel Moroni....still looking! :-)

19. Open the presents Christmas eve or Christmas day?
Christmas Morning

20. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
Crowded Stores, Parking Lots, and Long Lines (I deal with it though, it's all part of the season!)

21. Favorite ornament?
Precious Moments Holy Family.

22. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
I love Ham and Heavenly Potatoes!

23. What do you want for Christmas this year?
A portable DVD player for our van. Ours broke. Oh, and food storage!

24. Favorite Christmas Tradition?
Reading I Wonder When He Comes Again on Christmas Eve. I also enjoy our family Christmas party! I am still working to start more of my own!

25. Favorite Christmas present as an adult?
Eric and I had only been engaged for two weeks. On Christmas morning he gave me a brand new set of scriptures (my old set was from when I was 12, so I really needed new ones.). They already were engraved with Andrea McConahay on them. It was really cool!

I Tag: Anyone who wants to do this!

Happy Holidays!

No comments: