Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Countdown-Day 19

Last night our ward had a Relief Society Christmas Dinner.

They held it in the Moroni Opera house, a really beautiful older building here in town. The theme they chose for the night was Angels Among Us. It was really a fun night, and a cute idea.

Everyone was told to bring an "angel" from home. Anything you had that had a angel on it, was an angel, or something.

We had dinner, and then the relief society president read letters that anonymous people in the ward had written. They were about different "angels" that they had had in their lives. It was really neat.

Next, a girl in my ward that has a beautiful voice sang the original song by Alabama, Angels Among Us. It was really good!

After that we all sat in a circle and did the "left/right" story with all the angel gifts.

Here is my angel I received. Overall, a really great, simple, and fun night.

2 comments:

Scott&Janae said...

Sounds like a great night. I bet that the stories were amazing. It the simple, pure in life that let us feel the spirit.

AMS said...

How neat! In my old ward they did something similar one Christmas and had every sister write a special memory or something they admire about every other sister in the ward. Then they compiled everyone's notes, printed them on a nice stationary and gave them to each sister for a gift. It really was a nice thing, I still have it! I absolutely LOVE that song, too, it's one of my favorites!!!