Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Countdown-Day 24

**End of Year Update**

Happy Holidays! We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, and will soon be enjoying the first days of our New Year! While we have had a few changes this year, many things remain the same. We are happy and plugging right along with life.
We still currently live in a tiny town in Central Utah. There really isn’t too much down here except for tumbleweeds & a bunch of turkeys. Ha Ha Just kidding. I’m still getting used to this small town. At times it’s really hard, but we definitely DON’T miss the traffic.
I quit working at the Snow College Daycare at the end of the school year in May. That was a wonderful feeling!! I was really struggling there, and very unhappy. Now I am trying to pursue Usborne as much as I can. I really love being a mom, so it has been important for me to do everything I can to be home, and only have to “work” a couple nights a week. It really is a fun job!
Eric is loving working for CentraCom, which is really laid back, and the benefits are amazing. They take really good care of their employees, and that has been a huge blessing! It truly is the best job he’s ever had.
We were finally able to sell our house in Pleasant Grove at the end of September, so that was a nice weight lifted off our shoulders. We will rent for a while until we decide exactly what we want to do. That was quite the trial in itself, but we lived through it.
Eric and I also recently got new callings in the ward, so we have been adjusting to those. Eric was made the 11 yr. old scout leader, and is still a little nervous! I know he will do well though, and he has a great assistant. I hope they can work well together. My calling is in primary, as the primary chorister! As scary as it is sometimes it truly is one of my favorite callings! There is nothing that teaches the gospel like a primary song. With every song you feel the spirit, and I love to see the kids faces as those realizations come about. It is wonderful to be able to serve and share our wonderful gospel with one another!
Josey and Trae are doing well. She is getting ready to go college, working on some final details about classes and such. They were able to visit for a few weeks this summer, so that was fun to be able to see them, and finally meet Trae!
Preston is 9 and will turn 10 in March. He is in 4th grade, and having a great year. He excels in math and reading, with many other interests to distract him along the way. He is a great kid and a wonderful helper and example to his sisters and brother.
Jaida is also doing really well in school. This year she is in 2nd grade. While she enjoys reading, and art, she is VERY social, so we have a hard time pulling her away from the social life of it all. I know, she’s only 7, but she already plans matching outfits, slumber parties (which I have yet to let her have any), and has to call her friends almost every day. I am sure we are really in for it as she gets older. Ha Ha
Alyssa is 5 and is really loving school. She started Kindergarten this year, and at first was going all day. After a month and a half, they moved her back to half day. I guess they saw she was doing better than they thought at first. She and Cade are very close, and have a lot of fun together. Sometimes she is a little too much for him, but not often!
Cade is growing so big, so fast. I’m really not ready for him to be getting so big. He turned 18 months at the end of November, and he is SO MUCH FUN! He is still only saying a few words, but we have fun playing, reading, and singing songs. He is also really liking the snow. He loves to get bundled up and go out and play.
We wish you a very happy holiday season, and a wonderful new year! Please keep in touch, or at least check in on our blog once in a while. We’d love to hear from you!
With Much Love, The McConahay’s

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love my good looking family.
Hugs and Kisses.
Love
Grandpa and Grandma Saul

Hydee said...

Love this picture! :)