Wednesday, April 29, 2009

We're moving again!!!

The past couple years have been the craziest days of my life. It has been so hard trying to make decisions on what's best for our family. But...after much thought, prayer, and family discussion we have decided to move back to Pleasant Grove.

While the small town country life definately has a few perks, we never felt like this was our home. We gave it our best shot, and the kids have been really good sports, but when it is all said and done, we just aren't happy here.

Even the kids still beg to move back after all this time. Since Eric is being deployed, we decided it would be best! He will leave from June to November, and then again from January to May. It will be nice to be back up by family and close friends. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!

We are still working on a couple options for places to live, but we are trying to at least get the kids in the same elementary school as before. They are ecstatic, and can't wait. I feel bad that we dragged them through all of our changes in hopes that we could make something work. But, they are troopers, and will bounce back okay I hope.

The school year ends here on May 22nd, so we are hoping to move over Memorial Day weekend.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Upcoming Boutique!!!

Mothers Day is just around the corner!! is our Mothers Day Boutique.

Saturday, April 25th from 9AM to 5PM

Noahs in Lindon
644 North 2000 West

We will have drawings to win FREE Items! $1 donation is requested to go towards the Neil Barnes Medical Fund.

Here is a list of our Vendors that will be participating:

* Discovery Toys* Squeaky Shoes* Pretty Little Things*
*All Natural Shea Butter* Scentsy* Bright & Shiny Beads*
*Tupperware* Story Time Felts* Usborne Books*
*Vinyl Accents* Toddler Ties* Pampered Chef* Fluff & Stuff Baby*
*Potted Gifts* Yummy Baked Goods*

We are so excited to have so many hard working vendors attending our event!
Come shop for the special women in your life all in one spot!!
Email me with any questions! Would love to see you there!

Friday, April 17, 2009

Flashback Friday!

These are some of the biggest things my kids miss since we moved. Just the simple swing set that we had to sell when we moved, and our small sandbox.

They all loved to play on it, and got along so well together most of the time.

And the sandbox was the BEST! They would play out here for hours! This is a definate must with our next house!

Sunday, April 12, 2009

More of Easter Weekend!

Easter Weekend!

For Easter weekend we went to Colorado to spend some time with Eric's mom & dad, and his Aunt and Uncle. Aunt Brenda was a great hostess, and my kids fell in love with her...again! We all had a very nice time, and these two ladies spoiled my kids rotten!

Making a chocolate cake, just for fun!

Her 3 dogs! My allergies kicked in full gear while we were there, go figure. They were all really sweet though. My kids all loved them!

Here is all of us. Sorry it's not too great of a picture.

Here are just the kiddos!
Watch for the upcoming post of the Easter Egg Hunt, Baskets, and Egg coloring!

Friday, April 10, 2009

Flashback Friday!

Since we just celebrated Jaida's birthday, I thought I'd flashback to the pictures of her birth, and some time spent in the NICU. We were only in there 7 weeks, and at the time it felt like the longest 7 weeks of our lives. We know we were truly blessed with a miracle! We also had a wonderful family support system, and couldn't have gone through any of it without you!

Here she is at 1 day old!

Tiny little foot, and Eric's thumb.

Eric's finger holding her hand.

The traditional picture by the $1 bill.

Great Grandma Robison in awe of all this. This type of technology was never around back in her day.

A little cry or a yawn, I can't tell.

At about 3 weeks, they discovered that her head was starting to swell. She would need to have surgery to drain off the access fluid. She had grade 3 hydrocephylus caused by a blood clot in each of the ventricles in her brain. Here they are getting her ready for the surgery.

It took several of them to transport her and all the machines they would need.

This was one of the scariest days of my life!

Here she is after surgery, which went really well. The doctors had to drain the fluid for a few days through a shunt, and then things magically started to work on their own. They told us that there was a 90% chance she would need a permanent shunt for the rest of her life. I guess we were in the 10%. About 6 months later when she was much bigger and really healthy they went in and removed the shunt (which was called an Omaya Reservoir). We have never looked back since.

It wasn't long after that that we could finally take her out and hold her for small periods at a time.

Eyes wide open! She finally felt like saying hello to the world.

Great Grandma Wittick came to visit.

And Grandma Saul.

Still needing lots of rest!

Mom getting a much loved snuggle!

And soon, we were on our way home!

Aunt Celia decorated the front of the house.

And Jaida looking very content!

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Jaida's 8th Birthday!!

As most of you know, Jaida was our little preemie! She was born at 27 weeks, weighing 2 lbs. 12 oz. Considering all that she went through, she is our little miracle! Today is her 8th birthday, and you would NEVER know she had a rough start! For her birthday post I decided to post a picture for each year! Enjoy!

Just 2 days old!

About 6 months!

Here she is at 12 months.

At about 2 years.

Age 3.

Happy Birthday 4 yr. old!

Age 5 at a Primary Rodeo Activity.

Age 6 feeding her new little brother Cade.

Age 7.

And Happy Birthday 8 yr. old!! Here she is at Build-A-Bear!! This became a family tradition this year at our house. We love you Jaida! We are so glad we were blessed to have and keep you in our family!

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Happy 12th Anniversary!

Happy 12th Anniversary honey! I Love You!

Friday, April 03, 2009

Flashback Friday!

Several years ago Eric and I were able to go to the new (at the time) Billings Montana Temple and do some temple work with his family.

We all got to take part in an ordinance, and it was a great experience. Plus, it's always fun to go to a new temple!

Thursday, April 02, 2009

It's Official! Orders have been cut!

Several months ago we heard that Eric was going to have to go overseas with his Air Guard unit. We heard all sorts of rumors about dates and times. May, June, 4 months, etc.

Well, this past week his orders were officially cut! He is set to leave the first part of June, and return home just before Thanksgiving!

He is going back to Qatar, exactly where he was before. In the above map it is the little peninsula right in the middle. In the top left of the map is Iraq, most people know where that is, so here it is in comparison.

While this is a standard deployment, and I highly doubt a dangerous one, it will still be hard to have him gone that long. I hope we can stay busy during the summer, as I think that will be the hardest part.