Thursday, April 02, 2009

It's Official! Orders have been cut!

Several months ago we heard that Eric was going to have to go overseas with his Air Guard unit. We heard all sorts of rumors about dates and times. May, June, 4 months, etc.

Well, this past week his orders were officially cut! He is set to leave the first part of June, and return home just before Thanksgiving!

He is going back to Qatar, exactly where he was before. In the above map it is the little peninsula right in the middle. In the top left of the map is Iraq, most people know where that is, so here it is in comparison.

While this is a standard deployment, and I highly doubt a dangerous one, it will still be hard to have him gone that long. I hope we can stay busy during the summer, as I think that will be the hardest part.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow....that is crazy how long you have to go without him. I would go crazy if Dave had to be gone like that. Good luck!! I hope you do find lots of fun stuff to do.

Scott&Janae said...

I'm so gald that there are people who serve our country. Thank you Eric and your whole family for your service! We will pray for all of you! If Andrea and the kids get bored they can always come back and visit all of us! We miss you, take care!

Hydee said...

We are so proud of Eric! We are going to miss him lots! I guess we'll just have to plan a huge welcome home bash! :)

rosie said...

Wow! That is big news! I am so glad I found your blog...thank goodness for FB! LOL!
Your family is darling!