Wednesday, April 29, 2009

We're moving again!!!


The past couple years have been the craziest days of my life. It has been so hard trying to make decisions on what's best for our family. But...after much thought, prayer, and family discussion we have decided to move back to Pleasant Grove.

While the small town country life definately has a few perks, we never felt like this was our home. We gave it our best shot, and the kids have been really good sports, but when it is all said and done, we just aren't happy here.

Even the kids still beg to move back after all this time. Since Eric is being deployed, we decided it would be best! He will leave from June to November, and then again from January to May. It will be nice to be back up by family and close friends. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!

We are still working on a couple options for places to live, but we are trying to at least get the kids in the same elementary school as before. They are ecstatic, and can't wait. I feel bad that we dragged them through all of our changes in hopes that we could make something work. But, they are troopers, and will bounce back okay I hope.

The school year ends here on May 22nd, so we are hoping to move over Memorial Day weekend.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Yay...I am so happy for you. I talked to your mom not to long ago, and she seemed so worried about you. I hope you will be much happier up here. We will need to get together soon. Good luck with you move!

Tricia said...

BAHHHHHHH!!!!! I'm so excited... and I just can't hide it!!! BAHHHHHH!!!!!

I can hardly wait to have you so close!

The Barbers said...

I'm so glad for you Andrea. I know this has been hard and that you have been wanting to go home. Congratulations.

Rick and Pat said...

Hooray! We are happy you are moving closer again. We have felt such guilt not coming to Moroni, but it is just so darn far away, and our time with work schedules is always so limited. Good luck in finding a place!

mikesmob3 said...

Andrea, so sorry that things didn't work the way you had hoped. But, that being said, I am so happy you are coming back! I hope you find a place close enough that the girls can play. Feel free to bring the kids over when ever you need to get things done without them. You know what I mean.
- Jen Bascom

AMS said...

I'd heard rumors (I should be better at keeping up on blogging) and was hoping they were true! YAY! I'm sorry things didn't work out for you down there, but glad you'll be around here. The girls will definately need to get together. They still talk about them. Let me know what I can do to help out!