Monday, October 06, 2008

Thank heaven for Lortab!!

I had the not so good pleasure of going to the dentist this morning. I had to have two gum tissue grafts done. I have had them done before, and they really ARE NOT my favorite thing.
You would think I would quit brushing my teeth so hard, and wearing the gums down, but I haven't seemed how to figure out how to do that yet. :-)

Anyway, they had to cut some of the gum from the roof of my mouth and graft it to the bottom gums outside two of my bottom teeth. Each side needed one, and so I was literally numb EVERYWHERE. Now the shots are wearing off, and the roof of my mouth is SO SORE! So I say, thank heaven for Lortab!!!
I am also so hungry, but limited as to what I can eat, or even feel like eating.
The good news is, maybe this procedure will help me lose 10 lbs!

Sorry, no pictures! It definately wouldn't have been my most attractive moment, so I thought I'd skip that part this time!

6 comments:

Hydee said...

Ouch! I hope that you get feeling better soon!! Have Eric make you some mashed potatoes. :)

Anonymous said...

YIKES! You are scaring me!! I have the SAME problem - (brushing too hard!) and my dentist has been warning me for two years to stop...we even bought those electric toothbrushes that alert you after two minutes of brushing! I had no idea this could result from it - dang! No way I wanna do that! Hope you feel better soon...

wendy and brig said...

Oh I am so sorry. I hope you start to feel better soon

Tricia said...

Ouch, for sure... I'm thinking smoothies... cool and soothing... and you can use a straw. Get better and chill a little with the toothbrush. (wink)

AMS said...

oooh! sounds painful! take it easy and get better and get a new toothbrush... a SOFT one (jk, you've probably already tried that)!

The Hudson's said...

Ladd says to buck up and eat a grape snowcone!!!