Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pretty scary!!!

Okay, so I had just dropped off Alyssa at Kindergarten, and laid Cade down for a nap. I sit down at the computer and start checking email, reading blogs etc.

All of a sudden this teenage boy opens my sliding glass door in back, and runs right into my house. Within about 2 seconds I am standing in my kitchen with an approximately 17 yr. old boy who I have never seen before in my life. After screaming to myself in the back of my mind I said, "Who are you and what are you doing in my house?"
He was breathing so hard you could tell he had been running. I am like, "Are you okay?" "Is someone chasing you?" He said, "Yes."
He seemed like a pretty nice kid, but he was very shook up, and obviously felt stupid for coming in my house, but more scared of what would happen to him if he didn't do it.
I immediately thought back to when I was in grade school, and they taught us to run away from strangers. And to go in a house even if we didn't know who they were, just to get away from the strangers if they began chasing us.
It totally scared the crap out of me at first, but after talking to him for a minute I wasn't really worried, this boy did not look scary, but your mind starts racing with all the things that could happen, and different things you've seen on the news. I asked him if I needed to call the police, but he said no. He said he didn't think they would have knives or guns. (These days you never know.) Then I thought what if they would have followed him all the way up to the back of my house, and also come inside. What if they would have had those awful things. And my heart started pounding again.
Basically he was out working in his yard, and these boys drove up calling his name, and he said they weren't very happy. So he just took off. I guess my house was the closest thing he could find to go in. Don't ask me why he didn't go in his own, and lock the doors.
He told me his name and where he lived (I didn't know him). He said he was fairly new to the area. He told me he didn't know the boys chasing him, and he didn't know why anyone would be chasing him. I don't think I was getting the whole story though. :-)

He was here about 10 minutes before he dared leave to go back home. We looked outside in every direction, and couldn't see them again. I felt kind of bad for him, but didn't really want him staying at my house either.

Hopefully he was okay when he got back home. Who knows why he wasn't in school.
Anyway, it totally freaked me out. So now all of my doors are locked, and will stay that way with the curtains shut. At least until I quit being so freaked out.

Who said small towns were quiet? I've had more adventure here than I ever did in P.G. Ha Ha

7 comments:

Hydee said...

Oh my gosh! I'm scared for you! I'm so glad that everything turned out okay. You keep all of those doors locked until Eric gets home!

Tricia said...

That would have freaked me out! Glad everything is okay...

Rick and Pat said...

You have got to be kidding?!! I think I would check the phonebook to make sure the kid really lives where he says he lives. I'd hate to think that he was there under false pretenses and just wanted to stake out the place for a future visit. I'm glad you are keeping those doors locked!

The Hudson's said...

That is scary. I would have freaked out. Hey I was only kidding you about the 6 quirks. It actually was kind of fun. I love that you always check our blog. It is nice to keep in touch.

Scott&Janae said...

That would be sooo creepy. I would have been in shock. Keep your doors locked and be safe!

Annie said...

Holy Cow, that would scare me so bad! I'm glad nothing bad happened. Keep those doors and windows locked from now on!

Anonymous said...

Oh.
My.
Gosh.
Andrea!

I mean, you hear about these things happening, but HOW SCARY!! For you AND for him!!

You're much nicer than me, though - I have to admit - if I'd seen a kid that scared, it would've brought out the mother bear in me and I might have headed right out there to give those naughty boys the tounge-lashing they've long been deserving! :)

Man, I sound old!