Monday, February 23, 2009

Snow Caves!

Last Friday night Eric took his 11 yr. old scouts on a smaller version of the Klondike! They dug snow caves and slept in them over night. Preston isn't quite old enough officially, but Eric let him go. They had a really fun time, and I know Preston loved spending time with his dad!

Setting up camp

Digging the caves

Preston & Eric outside their cave.

The next morning. Preston slept great!

Breakfast!
Goofing off before it was time to go home.
The next morning the boys climbed on top to see if they could cave in their caves. I don't think it worked.
Preston and Eric again! Two of my special boys! I'm glad you guys had a great time!

4 comments:

Hydee said...

How fun! Looks a little too cold for my liking! :)

Anonymous said...

It looks like you both had fun. You don't even look cold.
I would worry it would fall in on me when I was asleep. But I am old so I think of dumb stuff like that.
You will have to try it again now that you have had success with it all and enjoyed the event.
Prond of you both ! Go Son !
Love and Miss You All

Scott&Janae said...

WOW! I don't think I could ever sleep in the snow. I am so glad that their are scout leaders out their like you so the boys can have fun.

Dart said...

How fun for them!