Sunday, February 01, 2009

Top 10 Reasons I Love My Job!

This past weekend I was able to attend regional training in Layton! It was AWESOME!

Usborne Books is a great company, with a fantastic product, and I love being able to share it with others! They also announced that we are adding the Kane/Miller publishing to ours at EDC!!! These books are also incredible and will make an excellent addition to our product line! Some of their more popular titles include: Everyone Poops, The Gas We Pass, Who's Hiding, Wash Your Hands, Sophie's Big Bed, and I Want My Potty!

Very exciting stuff!!


As most of you know, last summer really sucked for me! I was more depressed than I have ever been in my life, and as I am slowly coming out of that, I can honestly say that Usborne has helped pull me out of that slump.

I have always wanted to be able to stay at home with my kids. My only jobs have been at daycare centers where I could take them with me, so luckily so far that has worked out. I never wanted to pursue a career where I had to leave my kids, and after last year I vowed I would definately never work at a job I hated again!
When I joined Usborne I had no idea if it was something I really wanted to pursue. Well, after about 9 months in the business, with some really busy times, and some really S-L-O-W times, I decided I am in it for the long haul! I believe it is a perfect fit for me and my family's needs!

We had some excellent training, won great prizes, made many new friends, and had a blast! I also had my picture taken with the CEO of Usborne, Randall White!

I am excited to be going into February with a mostly full calendar, and some great leads!!! So, without further ado...

Here are my Top 10 reasons I love my job (in no particular order):

1. I don't have to get up early!

2. I can still stay home with my kids!

3. I work the nights I want to, and my "shift" is only about 3 hrs!

4. I have built a great library for my kids and family!

5. Doing shows gives me that business edge, filled with success and accomplishment!

6. I make great friends!

7. I LOVE what I sell!

8. I get to enrich children's lives by promoting literacy & reading!

9. I can help contribute significantly to the family finances!

10. It gives me a night out a couple days a week, and it's fun!

How can I ask for more?

3 comments:

Scott&Janae said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I'm so glad that you love your job! Miss you - take care.

Anonymous said...

Go Girl !!!!
Love to see you enjoying what you do.
Love You and Miss You All.
Mom Saul

Rick and Pat said...

That is so fun for you! But...you came to Layton and didn't come by and say hi. I might have to be mad at you for a few minutes! Sounds like you are loving what you do. Good luck! Love, Pat