Thursday, November 13, 2008

All Better!

Amazingly enough, Cade is all better!

He kind of had a shaky night that first night. Woke up a few times, tossing and turning. I ended up giving him more meds at 3:00 a.m. I rocked him for a bit, and he went almost right back to sleep. He woke up yesterday morning for the day around 9:00 a.m. He seemed fine and happy, not necessarily in pain, so I held off giving him more meds. Although he was happy for the most part he was walking around like his right hand was paralyzed. He wouldn't move it AT ALL. Not even lift it. It just hung there. After about an hour, he started getting fussy. I decided to hit him with another dose of meds before it got too bad.

Once the meds kicked in, he seemed so much better. He was still favoring that arm, but wasn't fussy, and was a little more content. We read books, watched movies, and just kind of sat around. Then we had lunch. After lunch I had to take Alyssa to Kindergarten. When we got back, he went down for a nap. It was about 12:30 p.m. After about 3 hours I start peeking in on him. Still zonked. At about 4:00 p.m. I peek in at him, and sure enough he is sitting up in bed. Now that in its self was different than before, because he couldn't even push on his arms to get into a sitting position, he would just cry.

I went in to get him, and he started laughing. Being just his goofy silly self. Imediately trying to hide from me, and play in his blanket. I was amazed. I got him out of bed finally, and put him down and he ran out of the room. He found his siblings and wanted to play. He found some balls and was throwing them with "that arm". He brought me his tippy cup with "that arm" because it was empty. I was once again amazed.

I had started dinner, so I was working on that, and he came and stood next to me. When I went to hand him back his tippy cup, he reached up to take it with "that arm", and noticed his arm wrapped. He then proceeded to rip the bandage off. Unraveling it, and pulling at it until it was off. And then he started rubbing his arm all over his leg and waist backwards, frontwards, and in all directions. It was really itchy I guess. It was so funny.

I guess the doctor did mention to Eric that his elbow just could have popped out, and once it pops back in he will be fine. So that must have been what happened. So I am very happy and thankful that he is back to normal. I am still cautious when I touch him, but he doesn't seem the least bit bothered.

YEAH!

7 comments:

Rick and Pat said...

Poor little guy! What an ordeal. I am glad to know that he is better and back to his old self. Those are the scary times for mommies. As always, you handled it just right!

Tricia said...

I'm so glad he's doing better... what a cute mr. personality!

Anonymous said...

Wow - kids bounce back so easily! Don't you just wish you had their recovery time?

Scott&Janae said...

I'm so gald that cade is doing good. He is adorable.

AMS said...

Wow! What a trooper! I know what a dislocated shoulder feels like and I would imagine an elbow would be worse, especially for such a little one. Poor little guy, glad he's feeling better!

Field Family said...

Kids heal so fast. Why do we have to loose that when we get older. Glad he is doing better.

Mandy said...

I was also going to comment on what a dislocation feels like...it is so so bad until it pops back in and then it is just fine. Poor kiddo!