Friday, August 22, 2008

WOW.....The ride isn't over yet!

Well, as of last night at about 10:00 p.m. we officially put our house under contract once more.

We had moved up to my parents for a week to at least start the kids in school. As it turns out, they will start next week back in Moroni.

Eric has been in Georgia for a week, so all these wonderful decisions have been left up to me. We aren't getting what we would have hoped out of our house, but at least now we may be able to move on. So we're really praying this one sticks!!!!

The woman purchasing it, is a single mom of a 2 1/2 yr. old boy. She walked in and "felt it". She said she immediately knew that this is where she wanted to live and raise her son. When my realtor told me that it gave me chills. Being a single mom, she didn't have too many options, but we made it work. I really hope she will be happy here. She seems very excited.

Eric was supposed to come home today, but is being delayed because of the tropical storm down in Florida. We are planning on going back to Moroni and starting the kids there next week. They started Wednesday in Moroni, so they will have only missed a couple days.

We can't close for a month because of the type of loan this woman is getting, so we will have to try to come up with another house payment as well as rent payment for September. That is the most disappointing part. Needless to say though we definately need the closure.

The kids took it hard at first, but I think they're okay now. They too need closure, and we have talked about so many houses lately they never know which one we mean. We hope this will make things much easier on EVERYONE! Ha Ha

Anyway, we'll keep everyone posted. Back to Moroni we go. We have contacted our landlords, and they are happy to let us stay there. So far so good! :-)

6 comments:

Hydee said...

Talk about a roller coaster! Glad to hear things are starting to work out with the house. :)

jeri said...

I hope you guys can catch a break soon! You deserve it!

Jessica said...

good luck with this one and the house...I really hope things start to come to an end so that you can have some closure...soon! I'll be praying for you!

Tricia said...

Wow - that is so exciting! I hope that it all works out exactly how you want it to. We'll still keep you in our prayers... this month will probably feel like a long one, but it will all be worth it when it's over... this one just sounds like it's right and like it's a blessing for not only your family but for the buyer too... ohhhh, cross your fingers and we'll cross ours, my stomach gets flip-flops just thinking of it for you! Hang in there! *Ü*

AMS said...

hey there. things sound like they're finally coming to an end! hooray for you! unfortunately, we were all getting SO excited to have you back, it's a bit dissappointing. but it definately sounds like a win/win situation and who could ask for more!?

Anonymous said...

I am very glad that you have a buyer. I have been praying for this to happen for you guys. I will keep praying until it is all over. I Love you all.
Good Luck !
Love Mom