Thursday, February 18, 2010

Letting Go.....

I don't know about any of you, but I have a little Diva on my hands at the ripe old age of 6 (almost 7). She LOVES to do her own hair, and put together amazing outfits. Well, today I just let it go! I usually tell her, "That doesn't match, those don't go together, you're not going to wear that, etc."
Well, today she was so excited when she walked out and was ready for school, I just let it go. As hard as it was for me to let her wear this outfit to school, I just did. I mean after all, "It all has pink, mom." How can you deny that face?

I have never been into all the trends and styles as much, but I do like things to match. So, letting go and letting my kids be their own independent selves is probably one of the hardest things I'll ever do. If it is this hard to let them pick out their own outfits, who knows how I'll be by the time they get to college. Ha Ha

4 comments:

Sonya said...

Love it! I agree, that is the hardest thing as a mom! I'm proud of you though, because you just boosted her self esteem! Some day she will look back and really laugh!!But today she thinks she looks so cute!(and she does, even if it does'nt match!:)

Scott&Janae said...

I think that she looks great. I love her outfit. Kids can wear anything and look great. Its all about the self esteem!

Tricia said...

I couldn't agree more... but she really does look cute! Tessa is my diva... and it really goes against the grain with me when she wants to leave her hair down, because it looks so scraggly after just a little while. I'm sure her teacher thinks I'm a dead-beat, but it's been a decision that I made that she could do it herself. Ah well....

Field Family said...

I pick my battles, and frankly what they are wearing and how their hair looks is not a battle I feel like fighting most mornings. Danika leaves the house everyday with hair that embarrasses me, but I figure their teachers see it all and have to know what is going on. Good for you for letting her leave the house like that. Deep breath and close your eyes, it makes it all better.