Friday, March 27, 2009

Flashback Friday!

Mom & Dad's 50th Wedding Anniversary - June 2002


For my mom and dad's 50th wedding anniversary, my mom didn't want a big formal party. She just wanted all the family together. We decided to surprise them with a 2 day getaway. My little sister Maria found a cabin you could rent.

She took my mom and dad there as if they were going to buy into a time share for it, and were wanting my parents opinion. (They didn't suspect a thing since their real anniversary wasn't until September, but June was the best time we could all get together.)


This took a year of planning, and sometimes I can't believe that we pulled it off. We were all waiting in an upstairs bedroom, and we all said surprise when they came in. My mom and dad were really surprised, and I know it thrilled them to have all of us there.


I don't remember exactly how many there were of us crammed in that room, but there was a lot, including small children of whom we were trying to keep quiet.


The surprise however was not over. My brother and his family had flown in from Ohio and my parents did not know that they were here. They had been hiding in a bathroom in the same bedroom. Once we all came downstairs and were laughing and talking about how we put all this together, my brother Doug and his family came downstairs.
Needless to say there were more tears, and plenty of laughter too.

My sister Robin had made of video of my parents kind of like when you get married. Here we were all watching it.

Some of us camped in the yard, and went on 4 wheeler rides. Even my 90 year old grandma!

It was great just relaxing together. Watching t.v. and hanging out.

We played games, visited, and enjoyed being together for 2 whole days. I even think every single one of us was there at least for part of the time. A definate memory I'll never forget.


The whole group! What a crew! I think now that picture is outdated by
about 15 or so additions!

1 comment:

Hydee said...

I LOVED your flashback this week. That was one of the most fun things we've ever done as a family...maybe the ONLY thing where everyone came. That was also the last time a lot of us saw Drew. Thanks for sharing!