Sunday, August 23, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple Dedication

What a wonderful way to spend a Sunday! Today was the dedication of the new Oquirrh Mountain Temple. Such a wonderful experience!
I was able to take both Preston and Jaida to attend. It was so nice! We are such a blessed people, and I am so proud to be a member of the church.
There are so many things in the world today that can pull you in all directions. I feel so grateful to know that my life has purpose, that there is a plan set up for all of us, and there is so much more to look forward too. I love the temple, and we are so blessed to be surrounded by so many. Attending this meeting once again strengthened my testimony. I know my Heavenly Father loves me, and he has laid out a plan for me to return and live with Him again.
I felt the spirit so strong today. It made me miss Eric, but at the same time reminded me once again that no matter where he is at the moment, we are an eternal family. I am so grateful for that knowledge. I knew when I was very young that I wanted to get married in the temple. I let nothing stand in my way. I am so thankful I found a worthy man with my same values willing and able to take me there over 12 years ago.
I pray that I can make good choices, and continue to live worthy to attend there often. Attending the temple is one of the greatest blessings we can receive on this earth. We just have to take advantage of it.
One of the messages today talked about how we have nice homes with all the accomodations for living. We have rooms for eating, rooms for sleeping, rooms for television and recreation. We need a room for the Savior! Make sure He is in our homes. Make sure there are pictures on the walls depicting our beliefs, and representing who we are and our faith. Have reminders of the standards we have set for ourselves so we don't get lost in the shuffle.
I know simplicity is one of the keys to being happy, but when we include the Savior we only increase that happiness!

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

Thank you for posting this. it really lifted me up today! I needed it:)

Unknown said...

Loved this post! You must have gone to the same session as Alison & I. Brian went to the 9:00 and took Bryson, then I went to the the 3:00 and took Ali. He told me about his session, and the speakers and talks were different. The talks in the afternoon, I think were meant for me. I also loved the talk that talked about the rooms, and how we need to make room for the Savior. You are an example to me. So glad you're back in our ward!:)

Sonya said...

Andrea, that last comment by Derek was actually me, I didn't realize that I wasn't signed in under my account. Sorry!