Thursday, September 11, 2008

New Driver's License

So my driver's license expired last April, and I just got around to getting a new one today! No real excuse, just my forgetful, lazy self. Well, that and now that we live in a smaller town you have to get used to new schedules! Most state/city offices are open Monday thru Friday from 8-5. Well, down here new rules apply. They are only open on Mondays and Thursdays, and if there happens to be a 5th Wednesday that month they are open then too.

Also down here in Sanpete they give you about 6 extra months after it is expired before you have to re-take the test, so luckily I didn't have to do that. I did have the privilege of getting my lovely photo taken (about 3 times I might add), none of which looked any better than before.

Everyone in the office was so nice, and I do have to admit, it was kind of nice being in and out of there in about 8 1/2 minutes. :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's exactly what I did when mine expired in Feb. I got my new one in July! :)

Tricia said...

Sheesh! We just got Chris's learner's permit this week and I was there for what seemed like forever! Just another one of the things that are good about small town living.

jeri said...

I waited forever to get my last DL and, as punishment, had to get ANOTHER one six months later because I got my motorcycle endorsement. You'd think they could just give you a sticker... but no.

Hydee said...

I'm jealous...I waited 5 1/2 hours when I got my name changed to get my new Driver's License just to find out that they didn't change the expiration date and I get to go back in like 8 months...oh joy...