Tuesday, September 07, 2010

First Day of School 2010

When we first moved, or knew we were moving to Santaquin I looked into the schools and decided to enroll my kids in C.S. Lewis Academy, a charter school here in town. My kids didn't complain about it, but they weren't necessarily thrilled with the idea. I thought that smaller class sizes might help them, and I felt like the uniforms would be a good thing.
Throughout the summer I was having major anxiety about this. I just couldn't settle and feel good about my decision. Many people have done similar and loved it, so I kept trying to convince myself that I would too. I knew because of the change it would take some getting used to, so I left things alone.

About 3 weeks before school started I changed my mind. I just couldn't rest with my decision, so I pulled them out of C.S. Lewis and put them in the local elementary. AAHHH, finally I can rest. I don't know what it was about it. I guess it is just not for us, at least not at this time.
Excited to start on their 1st day!

Alyssa was a little nervous and shy at first. She didn't want to go in her classroom or anything. A few girls came up to meet her, and introduce themselves, and she still was a little hesistant. Finally I got her to go in with her teacher, and she seemed to relax a little.
Here she is with Mrs. Nilson.
Overall they are thrilled with where they are at! They have loved their classes and their teachers, and seem to be making friends and adjusting really well. Finally now I will be able to sleep at night! :-)
Here's to a great school year!

No comments: