Sunday, June 14, 2009

Eric Leaving for Deployment

Today was the day I had been dreading for some time now. I don't know how these women do it for 3 to 4 times longer than I have too. It is the life of a military wife, and I guess you get used to it. We had to arrive at the airport by 5:00 a.m. The plane was leaving at 7:00 a.m.
They were able to get special permission for us to go straight through to the gate, so that was really nice. I was able to linger clear until take-off.

Here is Eric checking his monster of a bag. It was big and huge, and so HEAVY! It is truly a good thing that they waive overweight baggage fees for the military.

Everyone kind of standing around. Waiting until each one was checked in and ready.

We had one of the guys take our picture while we had the chance. While I liked the picture, I was smiling a little too much considering the circumstances. Someone was joking with Eric though so I started laughing, and I was caught with a big cheesy grin.

Here is the group of them. Several of them went on the deployment to the same place last time too (almost exactly 6 years ago), so things will be fairly the same.

Time to stand in line and board.

Here he goes.

Here is the plane they are flying on. It was a Boeing 737.

Backing out.

Heading down the runway to turn around.

Back again.

Off they go!!!
Sorry for the play by play. I was a little camera happy, and knew my kids would love to see every detail.

Good luck sweetie! We will all miss you!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

That is so sad to watch your husband fly off for so long! I hope all goes well for him, and you and your kids. Good luck! I also hope that the time goes by fast for you all.

Teri's Life said...

If you need any help, you know where to find us!

Tricia said...

Please, please, please let me know if you need anything. I know you have a great family support system... but seriously, I'm RIGHT HERE if you need anything! *Ü*

Mom said...

The pictures are great of him leaving. Thnak you for posting them for us to see.
He is a wonderful son !!!!!
Love You
Mom