Thursday, October 22, 2009

Eric Comes Home!

Well, the day finally arrived! On October 21st at 9:00 p.m., Eric's unit returned home from Qatar! They were greeted by many employees lining the hall with flags clapping as they walked towards us. It was great to see them!

The smiles were big ones as they began to see family and friends awaiting them there. They were so glad to be back on U.S. soil.

I had to take a back seat for a hug because my kids desperately needed to hug their daddy. Except for Cade. He was still not too sure he was ready to go to him yet.

I tried to give him a backwards hug, but Cade still wasn't ready.

Eric's uncle Russ came to welcome him home as well. I know that meant a lot to him!

Several of the officers from the unit were also there to welcome them back.

The girls even made Eric carry them down the escalator.

My parents, and my sister her husband and their 2 kids came to the airport with us.

Finally Cade decided he wanted to go to his daddy.

He got to ride the luggage cart out to the car. It was the only way he would let Eric put him down. Grandpa couldn't even carry him, which is rare!

The kids crashed the minute we got on the road.

I had hardly got to wish Eric home because I let the kids take over. Eric decided to steal a kiss on the way home while I was driving.

Cade woke up as soon as we got home. Then he wouldn't go back to sleep. Eric had to hold him and rock him, and he wouldn't let him leave his side.

All in all, we were very glad to have him back!

3 comments:

Scott&Janae said...

Welcome Home! It is great to see you back with your family!

The Barbers said...

I love the picture of the girls laying on big brothers shoulders. Too sweet!

The Cox Family said...

That picture of your kids hugging Eric makes my heart hurt and happy at the same time. We're so happy for you!