Monday, March 31, 2008

Housing problem hitting home

Well, even with all the housing problems in the US, last Fall I decided to sell my house and move to a different county. I know, what was I thinking? Well, if it's not bad enough that I have to try and sell in this market, I was trying to sell and nothing happened for months. Since I don't have deep pockets, I decided to rent it for about 6 months or so. Well, I decided to get some help renting it, so I hired a property management company to help me get it rented. It worked, they rented it and made the renters sign a 1 year contract. They assured me that all I would have to do is let the renters know 30 days once the home sold before we closed, so they would have time to move out. Well that sounds all great unless you have real twits for renters. I wanted to put the house back on the market in the spring, cause it is the best time to sell. But the renters will not let the realtor in to see, or show the house. So I had to evict the idiots just to be able to get the house shown to potential buyers. I was even willing to drop their rent while they had to go through the trouble of showing it. It still was not good enough for them. So by the time we get them out and finally have it ready to show it might be summer :(


-Eric

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure am sorry to here about your problems son. I had no idea about this. It will all work out. God never gives you more than you can handle.
Love you all
Mom

wendy and brig said...
This comment has been removed by the author.